Construction and development
Coville Challenge Inc has a comprehensive background in the construction and development of residential and commercial projects including speculative projects in Vancouver and Calgary. A big area of focus has been energy efficient and ecologically sensitive construction practices long before it started becoming more mainstream.
Coville has been directly involved in a leadership position in $80-100 million of construction and development projects since inception in 1983; including at one time, a staff contingent of 35 personnel in the organization.
Principle Marc Paradis has a very strong organizational side to his skill set and a well developed design sensitivity that has contributed greatly to various projects throughout the history of the company.
See: Testimonials & Pictures pages for more information
Cohousing, Community Development & Shared Housing
Through the years Coville Challenge has provided a range of services in cohousing and community development including numerous presentations and workshops.
An area of particular interest at this time is the design and development of shared housing options with an eye to our social and ecological footprint.
Special Projects in the past
- Troubleshooting challenging fixes to complex problems in construction and land use
- Coordinated a team of international consultant for Participatory Planning Process (Charrette) as part of municipal OCP (Official Community Plan)
- Forest Sector Economic Development Study including rezoning of industrial land to support the sector and formation of a woodlot operators coop.
- Speaker and facilitator – Land use planning; affordable housing; waste management; cohousing; Aging Successfully Seminars; shared living; PAIRS couples enhancement;
- Marsland Estates – Spearheaded the saving of land devoted to seniors from receivership through program development and facilitating a collaboration of community leaders
- Organizational development – Strategic planning, business planning and marketing
- Founding Director of Comox Valley Community Foundation
- Director of Credit Union
- Folk Festival volunteer
- Director of a land trust
- Board Director of Britannia Community Center a multi-cultural, multi-partner community facility
- Group coach and facilitator of comprehensive couple’s development workshops
- Cohousing group development
- Speaker & facilitator in land use, affordable housing, community development
- Numerous other involvements